Patient Matching Algorithm Challenge
$75,000 in prizes
The goal of the Patient Matching Algorithm Challenge is to bring about greater transparency and data on the performance of existing patient matching algorithms, spur the adoption of performance metrics for patient data matching algorithm vendors, and positively impact other aspects of patient matching such as deduplication and linking to clinical data. Participants will be provided a data set and will have their answers evaluated and scored against a master key. Up to 6 cash prizes will be awarded with a total purse of up to $75,000.00.
The Patient Matching Challenge opened on 6/12/17 at noon EST.
- Announcement of Challenge: April 28, 2017
- Registration Period Begins May 10, 2017
- Submission Period Begins: Upon availability of test data
- Submission Period Ends: October 12, 2017 (at 9 am)
- Winners Notified: 1 week from the end of submission period
- Winners Announced: 1 week from winner notification date
On May 10, May 17, and May 24 online webinars were held. The recorded webinar and PowerPoint slides can be found below.
Date: May 10, 2017
Date: May 17, 2017
Date: May 24, 2017
- First Place: $25,000
- Second Place: $20,000
- Third Place $15,000
Best in Category Supplemental Prizes (1 prize for each category at $5,000):
- Best precision (with Recall >= .9)
- Best recall (with Precision >= .9)
- Best first F-Score run
Total Prize Purse: Up to $75,000